While some may love fall for cool temps, pumpkin-palooza, and cozy layers, I have my own motives. Of course I like fall, but mostly due to the return of football and a bunch of video game releases that trickle down until holiday season. And today, though it isn't a holiday that alway gets a lot of attention, is National Video Game Day! Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, PC.. I own and play them all. Right now I'm currently loving Destiny 2 and Smite, and I'm anticipating South Park's The Fractured But Whole and the Nintendo Switch's Super Mario Odyssey and the next Yoshi installment.
Other than the fact that I'm older than I look, I would say one of the main things people are surprised to learn about me is that I am a fairly intense gamer in my spare time. Here's some thing you should know about me and gaming:
- Not everyone who plays video games is nerdy, anti-social, or a stereotype.
- If I'm playing games with your bf, husband, love interest... I'm not interested, calm down.
- Video games keep people connected, and I'm always pushing for a more inclusive gaming community
- One of the most difficult things for me to control while gaming is my outburst of puns and other humorous commentary. If you don't like that, you probably won't like gaming with me.
- I play on all the consoles.. you should too.
- When I play the Sims, I don't torture or kill my Sims.. who are you barbarians doing these things? Plus, I'm the president of the entire game, so forming a civilized society was basically my duty.
- Gaming is a rapidly-growing culture, with new genres, new tech, and new adventures pushing boundaries and development. It's just not what it used to be 10 years ago.
- Never neglect your real life for games. I love games, but you have to have balance.
- Game night without appropriately planned food and drink is a disaster.
- Video Games have some of the best make up / hair inspo you can find, or as the gaming community calls it, cosplay.
- My consoles are limited edition, white beauties. Why does this matter? They're glorious of course!
- Lastly... If you have a mic, don't blare music, chew into it, breathe like a crazy person, scream unnecessarily, carrying on side conversations, or really do anything that's audibly annoying, for the sake of everyone that can hear you. This should be common sense, but for some reason, there's still too many of you out there.
If you're a gamer, and you want to connect, shoot me a message!! If you're playing it, I've probably done it or been curious about it, and I'm always down to learn with fun, friendly people!